SHARE YOUR VOICE
We believe building a community of diverse voices are essential to individual, collective and environmental wellness.
We love that you are interested in becoming part of the chit.chaat.chai family and creating a community focused digital space. Sharing your story, opinion, wisdom, lessons learned, research, etc…Our platform welcomes all topics related to our individual wellness, while also speaking to our interconnectedness as a collective and with the environment.
Learning to live more mindfully, in order to live sustainably covers a broad range of topics. Requiring many expert voices from diverse fields. We hope by creating a community space, together we can speak to the many aspects of holistic living. Expanding the conversation beyond individual wellness. We’re open, curious and ready to hear and share your voice. Together, through storytelling, we can make a difference.
Please read through guidelines and tips prior to submitting your story.
If you don’t find your idea here, please don’t let that stop you! Help expand our mind, share your ideas as long as they are connected to our purpose, we are open to listening.
- Mindful practices, routines, or rituals that have had a profound impact on your life, from composting to meditation to surfing and beyond
- Stories from the field of food, farming, environmental work, etc…
- Photo-essays with a purpose, intention, message
- Personal opinion pieces or struggles your are working through, successes related to the fields of food, wellness, holistic community, the environment, sustainability, yoga, meditation, etc..
- Stories from home kitchens, memories around food, grandma’s cooking based in a larger message
- Lessons learned from other cultures while traveling
- Holistic therapies rooted in ancient wisdom, sciences that have had a positive impact on your well-being
- Personal stories on the power of relationships, community, seva/volunteer work, giving, self-healing, seasonal living,
- The benefits of creativity, the arts, dance, music, etc..
- We prefer to stay away from 5 tips articles, this does not mean tips cannot be included, we just prefer it not to be the main focal point
- Articles must compliment our vision and values
- Be well written with a clear purpose and supporting narrative
- Educational, informative, insightful, funny, well-spirited, inspiring and/or researched stories/pieces
- 600 – 1000 words, quality over quantity
- Writers working on developing a relationship with us, our readers & willing to contribute regularly.
- Due to the world of GOOGLE, we cannot accept previously published duplicative articles, written verbatim, including post titles. Verbatim written articles are not beneficial for the writer nor the community at large, and the vision and values of chit.chaat.chai
- We encourage out of the box ideas and stories that aren’t commonly associated with holistic wellness
TIPS FOR CONTRIBUTORS | a few questions to ask prior to submitting your final piece
- Does the article/story provide genuine value & how
- Is the story inspiring, informative, and in the spirit of fostering conscious living for individual, collective or environmental wellness
- Are the facts well-researched and sources credible
- Is the tone approachable and non-judgemental
- Words like yoga and ayurvedic should be lowercase unless used as a noun. We encourage you to think about paying extra attention to how words are used and spelled
- Give credit where credit is due. Are your sources linked, and/or list them within the article
- One space after a period, please
- Be consistent with when using the third or first person
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain food is healthy, tell us how and why. Use links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Put relevant links in brackets
- Please do not make proclamations, or use fear-based tactics. Speak within your expertise and experience.
- Read and re-read your final piece. Let it sit for 24-48 hours after each revision. Have someone else read your final piece before submission. Use the what, when, why, and how lens.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Complete our new writer form
- This form is where you will also be able to submit your completed, ready to publish work
- Be prepared to provide 2 additional topics & outlines, if the final piece is accepted, we will wait for the additional 2 pieces, prior to publishing. This process is for writers who are new to our community.
- Give us a few weeks to get back to you. If we are aligned, you will hear from us with the next step.
- We kindly request our community contributors take responsibility for meeting agreed upon deadlines, keep to topic submitted, and sharing articles post articles with your respective communities/platforms
Do you pay per article?
At this time, we cannot offer any payment for contributing articles. However, we will share help drive traffic to your posts, include a bio and links below each post. In the spirit of community, we encourage you to participate in the process of sharing your work and words as well.
Do you expect all the final pieces to be delivered at the same time?
Initially, yes. However, first we will review the first piece to ensure we are aligned. After the first piece, we will request the 2 additional posts. If you become a regular contributor, we can discuss alternative options, after the first round of posts are complete. Our approach is based on the spirit of our values and vision, to create a space rooted in sharing and creating community.
I am a professional journalist, writer, author, or entrepreneur with a product, project, or well-researched article that we think you will find of interest, and want to partner/collaborate?
Send an email to email@example.com lets chit-chaat.
Do the articles have to be related to Ayurveda, Yoga or the Vedas?
No, but you will be surprised how many topics related to sustainability, conscious living, wellness fall under this ancient system. Our prana is connected to the collective prana. As long as the topics align with holistic & sustainable living, we are open to listening.
Do you accept recipes?
Not at this time, unless you are releasing a book and want to share recipes from the book, we may be open to the idea. Send us an email
Will chit.chaat.chai edit the final articles and help us hone our writing skills?
We would like to, but at this time we don’t have the resources. We will try and provide high-level feedback if we think key concepts, ideas or further development are needed. Ideally, we want the submitted post to be as final as possible.
I’m interested in writing a guest post only
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with “guest post” in the title. For guest posts, we are looking for highly skilled experts who have longevity in their respective field. Introduce yourself, we would love to hear from you.