I have noticed that if I drink ginger tea throughout the day on a regular basis I feel better. Ginger is a warming digestive and is the perfect medicine during the cold season. Drinking ginger tea throughout the day prevents internal stagnation. It’s like a light detoxifier supporting digestion and elimination while supporting the immune system. A cup or tow of ginger tea a day, can help prevent colds and congestion as well. It’s the perfect kitchen remedy.
During the winter months, a daily dose of this simple ginger tea or even when I’m stuck in a cold, air-conditioned room for a long period of time, has served as a nice and tasty preventative elixir. It’s light, quick, easy and not too strong so it can be sipped though the day or combined with other herbal teas. I like to think of it like a warm, homemade vitamin water. All you need is a few slices of ginger—fits perfectly in a purse, computer bag or even in the back pocket!
Simple Ginger Tea: Quick, Easy & To Go
Dosha: VPK Season: Fall, Winter, Spring Tastes: Pungent What you need: a thermos
- a few pieces of sliced ginger
- boiling water
- squeeze of lemon optional
- Add ginger and lemon to your thermos or tea cup, pour in boiling water. Cover and let steep for five minutes or until it is at a drinkable temperature.
2. Refill throughout the day or until the taste of ginger has faded away. fade.
- Ginger travels well! Pack a small piece in your suit case. I get made fun of but it’s a great if you travel a lot and it helps keep you regular
- Feel a cold coming on? Add a little ginger power too and increase the number or ginger slices. If you have time, boil the water with the ginger.